Thursday 5 May 2016

Jodie Foster Honored With The Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Los Angeles: Jodie Foster received a long-awaited star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The Oscar-winning actress was joined by her Panic Room co-star Kristen Stewart as she was presented with the honour in front of the TCL Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles.
Jodie, who has two Academy Awards for her performances in The Accused and Silence Of The Lambs, admitted she thought she may never receive a star in the city in which she grew up.
Jodie, 53, has moved behind the camera in recent years and directed the upcoming thriller Money Monster, starring George Clooney and Julia Roberts.  She said: “I’ve been acting since I was three, I’ll never stop but I definitely wanted to focus on directing for now. It takes a real commitment in order to get movies off the ground. That has to be the first priority.”
Stewart, who played Foster’s daughter in the 2002 film Panic Room, said the actress should have received a star following her successful childhood career, which included roles in Taxi Driver and Bugsy Malone. “She’s a baller on every level,” Kristen said. “It’s out of control. She did everything so young. She kicked Yale’s ass. She won Oscars. She became a film-maker herself. She created a family and still is just normal and cool and kind. She’s been there for me,” she added.
Jodie’s star is the 2,580th to be awarded on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Her star is placed at 6927 Hollywood Blvd.

Of course, Foster has had opportunities over the years. But it was by choice that she waited until now. “I made this conscious decision that I didn’t want to have a star on Hollywood Boulevard unless it was in a conjunction with a movie I was directing,” admits Foster. “I don’t know why that was important to me; it seems silly, but that’s why I waited all these years.”

No comments:

Post a Comment