Tuesday 14 June 2016

In Her First Public Rally in Second Term CM Banerjee became Benefactor

Kolkata: Following her selection for the second term as the Chief Minister Of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee has addressed a rally for the first time at West Midnapore’s Narayangarh, the once stronghold of CPIM’s Surya Kanta Mishra. While addressing the rally, CM Banerjee said: “On April 8, I had given my word that I will come to Narayangarh if you make us win this time and taste yourboras (fritters).... I have kept my word. I am here because of your love and blessings that I cannot ever repay.”


EXIN Times sources states that the one-hour long rally was attended by more than 15,000 audiences where the CM has announced gifts, goods and services ‘as a mark of gratitude’ to the people of Narayangarh constituency. Reports are that the list of gifts includes 40-odd projects along with a 300-bed super specialty hospital, a degree college, a new power sub-station and a food grains godown.
Officials from the state head-quarter Nabanna said that it was only at 2011 when Mamata Banerjee was seen treating Nayagram in a similar manner and offering bicycles, scholarships and fishing tools to the villagers. TMC won 17 out of the 19 constituencies of west Midnapore leaving CPIM in a blank. CPIM-chief Surya Kanta Mishra, who competed from Narayangarh against TMC’s Prodyut Ghosh and lost by a margin over 13,000 votes. However, Mishra’s reaction to Banerjee’s actions was reluctant, he said: “I don't have to react every time she says something.”


No comments:

Post a Comment