Wednesday 27 July 2016

TMC Leader Threatens Petrol Pump Staffer To Give Fuel Without Helmet

Kolkata: Weeks after Kolkata Police issued a notification stating that no petrol would be sold to motorcyclists not wearing a helmet at petrol pumps, a Trinamool Congress (TMC) leader allegedly threatened a petrol pump employee to bring down the place when he was denied fuel for not wearing a helmet.


The incident took place on Tuesday at Bottala Chowk area in West Medinipur district when TMC Yuva leader Saurav Basu came to a petrol pump on a motorcycle without helmet and was subsequently denied service. Following this, the petrol pump employee said he was pushed around by Basu and threatened.
“We have been asked not to sell petrol to anyone without helmet. I told him so and he got flared up. He said ‘We make rules. What rules are you showing me?’,” the employee told reporters.
When the employee insisted that he had been instructed by his employer not to sell petrol to anyone who comes without a helmet, the leader allegedly said, “If 50 boys come and vandalize this place, who will save you? Will your employer save you? Tell your employee my name and that I have said so. I will break this place at night. I will see who dares to stop me?”
“He pushed me, and threatened to shut down the place using foul language,” the man said, adding that CCTV footage bore evidence to his allegations.
Basu, later, admitted going to the petrol pump but denied the employee’s allegation of threatening him. “I had requested him to give me some fuel as my vehicle had run out of it. He was in an inebriated state and misbehaved with me,” Basu maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment