Wednesday 20 July 2016

Narada Sting Operation: SIT Enquired Iqbal Ahmed at Lalbazar

Kolkata: Iqbal Ahmed, the Trinamool Congress Party MLA and the Deputy Mayor of Kolkata Municipal Corporation, was questioned on Tuesday afternoon at police headquarter Lalbazar, on his connection with the Nadara sting operation case. 


The MLA from Hoogly’s Khanakul has recorded his statement before the Special Investigation Team (SIT) in a two-hour long official interrogation. As EXIN Times sources has asserted, Ahmed reached Lalbazar at around 5 in the evening, gave details about Matthew Samuels, Narada sting operation and his connection with it.
Ahmed denied any connection with the wrongdoing. His statement was recorded under Section 161 of Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC).
As the police officers has noted to EXIN Times sources, the Deputy Mayor had first wrote down his statement before he allowed police to video record his answers. “I have decided to tell everything I know about Samuel. This will include the person who sent him to me, the persons he wanted to meet and the person I asked him to meet. He was a 'cheatingbaaz' (cheat) offering to sponsor several events. I will fully cooperate with the police” as the investigating officers of Lalbazar has noted while talking about Ahmed’s say on Narada CEO.
When asked more details about the interrogation session, Ahmed said: “I was interrogated by senior officials and I have told them the truth.” “I will fully cooperate with the police and will come over whenever they call me,” he stated when asked for his further assistance in this matter.



No comments:

Post a Comment