Thursday 19 May 2016

Tamil Nadu Assembly Election 2016 Results

Chennai: A beaming AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa on Thursday thanked the people of Tamil Nadu for voting back her government for a second consecutive time.

Speaking to reporters at her residence, Jayalalithaa said, “My party and I are indebted to the people of Tamil Nadu for this historic victory. It is truly historic because after 1984 no ruling party has been able to form a government a second successive time; we are indebted to the people of Tamil Nadu.”
“I have no other interest in life except for working for the people of Tamil Nadu. I thank the people of Tamil Nadu for continuing to repose their trust in me,” she said.
“There are not enough words to adequately express my feelings of gratitude, therefore, I will show my gratitude in the form of the actions that I will take after forming the government.”
“I will continue to strive for the better of the state and people of the state till my last breath,” she added.
Interestingly, these trends have emerged from across the state, not just in the west or south which may be read as traditional AIADMK bastions, and therefore representative of how this election will be called.

In Krishnagiri, voters seems to have been split down the middle with with three constituencies each favoring either party. In Perambalur and Thiurparankundram, following the trend in the rest of the state, the AIADMK is leading. In Rajapalayam, the ruling party makes a strong comeback with a lead of 1,808 votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment